| CASE STUDY
Circle Development – Automating Clerk of Works
Client: Circle Development
Operations: United Kingdom
Circle Development approached innDex 8 months ago as they found themselves spending hours each week; copying and pasting, editing spreadsheets, formatting reports and ultimately understood there was a huge opportunity to improve the effectiveness of their companies processes.
Circle are a project delivery consultant who carry out duties for their clients such as; project management, quantity surveying, employers agent and Clerk of Works. With Circle’s business and client base growing rapidly, keeping track and maintaining good records is important.
Circle and innDex have been working together expanding on the innDex platform, bringing together Circle’s processes and increasing the company’s efficiency through the automation of repetitive tasks and providing valuable tools to improve other areas of their business. One of the success stories has been the Clerk of Works tool that innDex has developed alongside Circle, fitting in with their exact requirements and saving Circle 5 working hours per project per week.
- By transferring the Clerk of Works duties to the innDex field app and platform, paper wastage has reduced by 75%
- By adopting the Clerk of Works and progress reporting tools, the Circle team have reported savings of 5 and 2 hours respectively per project per week, resulting in £4200 saved monthly across the business.
- The time saved can be assigned to other tasks, therefore increasing staff productivity.
- The innDex platform allows Circle to clearly log and present H&S issues observed on site – through clear presentation and record-keeping, the accountability of the Main Contractor increases.
- Easy to track quality issues as observations remain open on the app until the necessary information is received, with regular notifications as a reminder to responsible parties.
- innDex aids in providing Circle’s clients with value for money and allows them to add real value to the running of projects.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Vision Fabrications Reduce Their Environmental Impact by 30%February 25, 2021/
PLS Civil Engineering Increase On-Site Automation 10-foldJanuary 3, 2020/